CLICK HERE, and get turn-by-turn directions!
- Get off the Mumbai-Pune Expressway after Lonavala (Valvan exit – also known as ‘Khusgaon’).
- Join the old Mumbai-Pune highway (NH4), going towards Pune.
- Drive for 20 Kms. to Kamshet and on for another 5 Kms to Kanhe.
- Just before you get to Kanhe you will pass Toni Da Dhaba on the left, Sai Baba Seva Dham on the right, then a HP petrol pump on the left, immediately after which you should take a left turn.
- Drive to and over the Kanhe railway crossing.
- Continue on this road for 35 Kms. You will pass Takwe 8 Kms. (Mobile connectivity ends here), Vadeshwar, Kusur & then finally come to Khandi village.
- At Khandi take the right going to Nilshi village about 4 Kms away.
- At Nilshi go straight on for 1½ Kms. to Bombay YMCA’s Camp Lakeside.
- Take the NH4 past Talegaon and Vadgaon.
- Take a right turn after Indian Oil Petrol Pump (Poonam Petroleum) at Kanhe Phata.
- Drive to and cross the Kanhe railway crossing.
- Continue on this road for 35 Kms. You will pass Takwe 8 Kms. (Mobile connectivity ends here), Vadeshwar, Kusur and then finally come to Khandi village.
Total distance from Lonavala is 65 Kms.
Total distance from Mumbai Central is 165 Kms.
The journey time from Kanhe to Nilshi will take approximately 1½ hours.
The journey time from Mumbai to Nilshi will take approximately 4½ hours.
The journey time from Pune to Nilshi will take approximately 2½ hours.
The nearest railway station on the Pune-Lonavala local line is Kanhe.
Copyright © All rights reserved. YMCA Camp Lakeside
Join our community page on Facebook!
Camping & Leadership Development Dept.
c/o The ‘Student YMCA’ branch,
412, Dr. Bhadkamkar Marg (Lamington Rd), Girgaon, Mumbai – 400007
Office Timing: Mon - Sat, 9AM to 5PM
Follow our campsite on Instagram!